This course will help you understand key ethical issues surrounding crucial problems that profoundly impact your life from birth to death.
- Reproductive technology such as surrogacy and sex-selection of the baby
- Informed consent
- The use of medical technology for the purpose of enhancement
You will also learn about ethical arguments and regulations in Japan and other countries concerning life sciences and healthcare. Our hope is, through this course, you will better understand and formulate your own opinions on these important issues.
DISCLAIMER: The intention of this course is to present different arguments and perspectives on a number of different topics on bioethics. In other words this course DOES NOT aim to instill in its audience any particular perspective, religious or otherwise, on each topic.
What you’ll learn:
- Basic terms for bioethics
- Basics of ethical arguments
- How decisions are made on critical bioethics issues
- Regulations and public policies related to bioethical issues in Japan and other countries