Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
We will finish with a brief look at quantum computing hardware and the budding quantum information technology industry.
Key concepts will be explained graphically, with minimal mathematics required.
What topics will you cover?
- Waves and interference
- Quantum superposition and entanglement
- Computational complexity
- The quantum Fourier transform
- Shor’s algorithm for factoring large numbers
- Quantum chemistry and machine learning
- Physical phenomena as quantum bits (qubits)
- Quantum computing hardware
- Quantum error correction
-The quantum information technology industry
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Describe a few key applications of quantum computing
- Explain the role of quantum computing in the future and recognize the role of Moore’s Law in the future of computing
- Prepare for a mathematical course in quantum information concepts
- Explore the value proposition in available and forthcoming quantum information technology products
- Identify the importance of quantum superposition, entanglement and interference in quantum algorithms