Information & Digital Literacy for University Success (Coursera)
This Specilaization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture, and providing you with practical strategies to apply to your studies. In this course, you will learn how to develop your Information & Digital Literacy Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Access and search for information efficiently and effectively using a variety of digital tools.
2. Critically evaluate the reliability of sources for an academic context.
3. Filter, manage and organize information from a wide variety of sources for use in academic study.
4. Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues related to academic integrity surrounding the access and use of information.
5. Understand how to use digital tools for referencing and attribution in order to avoid plagiarism.
6. Understand how to disseminate and communicate information in a professional way, including managing digital identity and building networks for learning and research.
Information & Digital Literacy for University Success is course 1 of 5 in the Academic Skills for University Success Specialization.
Develop skills in information & digital literacy, problem-solving, critical thinking and communication. This Specialization is a high-level academic skills course designed to increase your level of academic preparedness prior to commencement of your studies in an English-medium university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture.
Already taken this course? Please rate.