As a vital part of the course students conduct on-site interviews with entrepreneurs who have launched startups, and are eager to share their valuable insights with them.
Upon completing this course successfully, graduates will be able to:
1. Transform ideas into real products, services and processes, by validating the idea, testing it, and turning it into a growing, profitable and sustainable business.
2. Identify the major steps and requirements in order to estimate the potential of an innovative idea as the basis of an innovative project.
3. Reach creative solutions via an iteration of a virtually endless stream of world-changing ideas and strategies, integrating feedback, and learning from failures along the way.
4. Apply the 10 entrepreneurial tools in creating a business plan for a new innovative venture.
5. Apply methods and strategies learnt from interviews with startup entrepreneurs and innovators.
6. Communicate and sell innovative ideas successfully.
From Idea to Startup is course 2 of 4 in the Startup Entrepreneurship Specialization.
The Startup Entrepreneurship specialization focuses on issues of Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship. It leads the students through the entire process of creating a start-up from an idea. Part One deals with ideas, and the creative imagination: discovering new ideas, new products, new services, new and better ways to do almost anything. Part Two focuses on how to build a business (entrepreneurship). This course guides the learner through a series of tools and methods that help take an idea and make it happen, in a way that can sustain the business or organization that delivers it to humanity. Use this course to build a solid business or organization around the idea you developed during Part One. Part Three offers Innovation Career Lessons from a Master of proven achievements. During this course you will follow conversations and interviews with Dadi Perlmutter, who until recently was Executive VP of Intel Corporate, the highest ranking Israeli executive of any multinational company.