The University of Pennsylvania and Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman welcome you to Foundations of Positive Psychology. Our five-course specialization provides you with the key theories and research in the field of positive psychology as well as opportunities for application.
Course topics include
• Positive Psychology: Martin E.P. Seligman’s Visionary Science with Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
• Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions with Dr. James Pawelski
• Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods with Dr. Angela Duckworth & Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft
• Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills with Dr. Karen Reivich
• Positive Psychology Specialization Project with Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Master strategies and tools that enable individuals and organizations to thrive.
- Discover key theories and research in the field of positive psychology as well as opportunities for application.
- Apply key concepts from Positive Psychology to your personal and professional life.
- Understand the scientific foundations of Positive Psychology
You are encouraged to take the first four courses of the Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization before starting this course and completing the Specialization Project. This course, taught by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman brings all the key concepts from the first four courses to practice as you develop and [...]
Learn how to incorporate resilience interventions into your personal and professional life with Dr. Karen Reivich. In this course, you are exposed to the foundational research in resilience, including protective factors such as mental agility and optimism. Several types of resilience interventions are explored including cognitive strategies; strategies to [...]
Positive interventions are one of the building blocks for the application of positive psychology in our day-to-day lives. In this course taught by Dr. James Pawelski, we explore positive interventions through theory, research and practice. We provide learners the basic tools for using and measuring positive psychology in professional [...]
Learners discover how apply to research methods to their study of Positive Psychology. In this course, we study with Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft. Through an exploration their work "True Grit" and interviews with researchers and practitioners, you develop a research hypothesis and learn how to understand [...]
Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman—renowned worldwide as the “father of Positive Psychology”—has led visionary leaps in the scientific research, empirical data and personal understandings of human flourishing. This course explores the past, present and future of positive psychology as a journey through the key scientific leaps led by Dr. [...]