Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
The core question addressed during this module is:
What challenges does planetary urbanisation present in different geographical settings and how can cities be made more liveable for future generations?
The key questions we address are:
- What is urbanisation?
- What is planetary urbanisation?
- What kinds of challenges face cities globally today?
- What might future cities look like?
In addressing this students will be asked to consider how is planetary urbanisation different? How are we responding to global urban challenges? Will future cities be more liveable?
What will you achieve?
- Discuss important urban challenges facing societies globally in the 21st century;
- Explain ‘planetary urbanisation’ and articulate how it differs from historic forms of urbanisation
- Identify planetary urbanisation in action in their “home city”;
- Compare how urban experiences are differentiated across space and time
- Demonstrate the value, and appreciate the importance, of intercultural learning