The purpose of the course is to bring the basic knowledge on the specific aspects of Russian economy that had significant impact on the latest development trends in Russia.
This course will provide you with knowledge on:
1) the basics of economy;
2) understanding the role of market reforms in developing the key features of modern Russian economy;
3) understanding specific aspects of Russian economy;
4) cause-effect relationship of the most significant trends in Russia’s economic development;
5) instruments for analysis of Russian economy;
6) business climate in Russia and skills required for doing business in Russia.
Currently, different aspects of economy have some influence on us and our behavior - e.g. currency exchange rates, inflation and other things define the way in which we distribute our income between savings and investments. In order to understand these principles it is required to have the basic knowledge on economics. So it is not only a lecture on Russian economy. Another main objective of the course is to develop knowledge on the basics of economy as such. So the course will disclose universal patterns by analyzing trends in Russian economy.