Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see Udacity's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
This course will introduce you to iOS app development in Swift, a new programming language from Apple, and serves as your launching point into the iOS Developer Nanodegree.
What You Will Learn
Introduction to Swift and Xcode: the tools of iOS
- Learn all the Swift you need to know in 5 min.
- Take a tour of Xcode
- Apple's integrated development environment.
- Get to know the Model View Controller or MVC design pattern
iOS App Structure: AutoLayout and Buttons
- Learn Storyboard and AutoLayout the tools used to build user interfaces in iOS.
- Start developing the Pitch Perfect App and creating the UI.
- Use Autolayout constraints to control the placement of UIButtons and UILabels on the screen.
Using ViewControllers to build an app with Multiple Views
- The UIViewController class
- View Controller Lifecycle and Multiple Views.
- Learn how to react to touch events and change the user interface.
- Add a second screen to your app using a UINavigationController.
How to record audio and use the Delegation Design Pattern.
- Learn about the AVFoundation class
- Setup audio recording in the Pitch Perfect App.
- Practice using the Delegation pattern and implement programmatic segues.
Playback Sound and Add Sound Effects
- Setup audio playback including rate pitch echo and reverb.
- Use UIStackViews to create an elegant layout for your app's UIButtons.
- Use class extensions to add functionality to your app.
Prerequisites and Requirements
This course assumes prior programming experience. Specifically, you should have a strong understanding of programming concepts like variables, if statements, loops, functions, and classes. Lesson 1 of Intro to Computer Science and Programming Foundations with Python are good courses to take if you are completely new to programming.
You will also need access to a Mac computer running OS X 10.10 or later.
We have designed this course such that you will not need a physical device (i.e. an iPhone or an iPad) to build your app. We will be using a simulator on your mac that will imitate the features of a phone on your computer. Towards the end of the course we will provide instructions on how to download your app on an iPhone (in case you do have access to a physical device.)