What you will learn:
- Describe the core concepts, processes, tools and technologies in the field of data engineering.
- Demonstrate your aptitude with RDBMS fundamentals including design & creation of databases, schemas, tables; DB administration, security & working with MySQL, PostgreSQL & IBM Db2.
- Demonstrate your proficiency with SQL query language, SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements, database functions, stored procs, working with multiple tables, JOINs, & transactions.
- Explain NoSQL and big data concepts including practice with MongoDB, Cassandra, IBM Cloudant, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, SparkSQL, SparkML, Spark Streaming.
- Describe ETL tools, data pipelines using Python, shell scripts with Linux, Apache Airflow and Apache Kafka.
- Describe Data Lakes, Data Marts and Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW) and design them using Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Design and populate Data Warehouses and analyze their data with Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Cognos Analytics.
This course helps you develop the foundational skills required to perform the role of a Database Administrator (DBA) including designing, implementing, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and automating databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Db2.
This course introduces you to designing, implementing and populating a data warehouse and analyzing its data using SQL & Business Intelligence (BI) tools. Today’s businesses are investing significantly in capabilities to harness the massive amounts of data that fuel Business Intelligence (BI). Working knowledge of Data Warehouses and BI [...]
This course teaches you the fundamental concepts of relational databases and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). This course is an introduction to the world of relational databases. You will explore the fundamental concepts of relational databases and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), learn about relational database design, and understand [...]
Learn how to use and apply the powerful language of SQL to better communicate and extract data from databases - a must for anyone working in the data science field. Much of the world's data lives in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful programming language that [...]
This Python course provides a beginner-friendly introduction to Python for Data Science. Practice through lab exercises, and you'll be ready to create your first Python scripts on your own! Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general with this introduction to Python course. [...]