Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
This is discussed under the broad term “structure”, because a number of things can influence signed language grammar. Many factors have to be considered, which is why we have to take a layered, cumulative approach here.
This course is part of the American Sign Language Science Professional Certificate.
What you'll learn
- State the role of facial expression in the syntax of ASL
- Define "spatialized syntax"
- Name at least 2 categories of spatial verbs in ASL
- State the relationship between spatial inflection and linear sign order for sentences
- Define "frozen sign" and its role in ASL lexicon
- Name at least two characteristics for how such loan signs can accept inflections