- What skills are important for success in the IELTS Academic test?
- How do IELTS examiners assess your level?
- What do you need to do in order to improve your IELTS band score?
This five-week course will help you find answers to questions like these.
Get advice from the IELTS experts
This free online course is created by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge), who produce the IELTS test.
You will have many opportunities to interact with experts and with other learners from around the world. You’ll also have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks and learn exactly what skills they’re testing and how they’re marked.
Learning to learn, for the IELTS test and beyond
You’ll get a clearer idea of what and how to study, both to prepare for the test and to develop your academic English skills.
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand how IELTS Writing and Speaking are assessed, and have an opportunity to share your own writing and speaking with experts and other learners;
- know more about the different Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tasks in the test and how to do your best in these;
- understand your own strengths and needs, so that you can get a better IELTS band score and improve your English;
- see how English is used at university, and how this is related to the IELTS test;
- and be able to prepare for the IELTS test in a way that will benefit you beyond the exam.