An introduction to academic writing for English Language Learners, focusing on essay development, grammatical correctness, and self-editing.
Learn about the skills you need for IELTS Academic and beyond, on this free online course from the experts who produce the test.
Are you wondering what skills you need for success in the IELTS Academic test? Maybe you want to know how IELTS examiners assess your level, or how to improve your band score? This course will help you find the answers, understand how to study for the test, and develop your academic English skills.
You’ll interact with experts and learners around the world. You’ll also have the chance to try authentic IELTS practice tasks and learn what skills they’re testing and how they’re marked.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
What topics will you cover?
- the content of the IELTS Academic test
- the skills you need in order to improve your IELTS score
- the way that IELTS candidates are assessed
- the range of tasks you need to complete in the IELTS test, and the skills that these tasks test
some of the skills that you need when studying at university where English is the language of instruction
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Explore the skills that IELTS Academic candidates need and how these are assessed
- Identify your own strengths and needs in relation to IELTS Academic
- Explore how preparing for IELTS can also help you develop skills that are useful in Higher Education
- Assess your specific abilities in order to find ways to improve