Smart Grids Integration and Modeling Professional Certificate
<b>What you will learn</b>
- Identify the impact of variable renewable energy sources (VRES) and smart energy demand on electrical power grids; and different tools and approaches to design a smart grid.
- Apply optimal power flow (OPF) solutions to evaluate the performance of an electrical power system with integrated renewable energy sources.
- Analyze intelligent electrical power system dynamics (frequency stability) to achieve active power balance, and identify control-room technologies for system-wide remote monitoring, protection and risk management of smart grid cyber security.
- Simulate a 9-bus grid, with and without variable renewable resources.
- Analyze and mitigate the impact of “intelligent” but common grid disturbances in electrical power systems.
Learn to build a model of a smart power grid, and to diagnose the effects of disturbances from variable renewable energy resources and intelligent demand on the grid. The smart grid of the future is a complex electrical power system. Its study, design, and management requires the integration of [...]
Understand the basics of smart grids. Learn about their heterogeneity, dynamics, control, and about security and assessment strategies. The smart grid of the future is a complex electrical power system. Its study, design, and management requires the integration of knowledge from various disciplines including sustainability, technology and [...]