What you will learn:
- Represent functions of one, two and three variables using level curves/surfaces and contour maps or graphs.
- Approximate functions and their values using (Taylor) polynomial approximations.
- Solve a wide variety of separable and linear first order differential equations and initial value problems.
- Evaluate a wide variety of definite single, double and triple integrals over a wide variety of domains.
- Solve a wide variety of linear second order differential equations including those with constant coefficients using the method of undetermined coefficients and solve the corresponding initial value problems.
- Find critical points of functions of several variables and find extreme values of functions of several variables in a closed domain.
- Compute and interpret first and higher order total, partial and directional derivatives of general functions of one or several variables.
Refresh and review your bachelor-level calculus. This course covers all the various differentiation and integration techniques and guides you through several important methods for solving differential equations. A strong foundation in mathematics is critical for success in all science and engineering disciplines. Whether you want to make a strong [...]
This course provides an overview of bachelor-level calculus of multivariable functions (Calculus II). You will review many basic concepts related to differentiation and integration of multivariable functions. A strong foundation in mathematics is critical for success in all science and engineering disciplines. Whether you want to make a strong [...]