Full Stack Cloud Developer Professional Certificate
What you will learn:
- Describe the core concepts of cloud computing, cloud models and architectures, components of cloud computing, and list the major cloud service providers.
- Explain Cloud Native and apply DevOps practices with a CI/CD toolchain on IBM Cloud, and Git to continuously develop and update Cloud applications.
- Develop full-stack native cloud applications using Node.js framework for server-side and React for front-end. Extend your applications with third-party packages, REST APIs and AI services such as IBM Watson.
- Define containerization technology and state the significance of containers to Cloud Native. Build Docker images, and orchestrate & scale applications using the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- Recall the fundamentals of Python, one of the most popular and beginner friendly programming languages and employ various Python programming constructs to create a Cloud application.
- Discuss the differences between relational and NoSQL databases. Compose SQL queries to insert, select, update, delete and join data in a database. Explain Object Relational Model (ORM) and employ Django ORM to develop a database powered application.
- Describe and apply best practices in secure cloud computing, by adding authentication and encryption to your application.
- Summarize the essentials of Microservices, Serverless Computing, and their importance for Cloud Native development. Compose an application using several microservices and deploy it on a private, public or hybrid cloud with OpenShift.
- Demonstrate your proficiency in applying various Cloud Native tools and technologies to develop, deploy, run, and update applications on a cloud platform.
Master the core concepts in Cloud Computing, from service and deployment models, to cloud architecture, security, new technologies, and possible careers. This course introduces you to the core concepts of cloud computing. You will gain the foundational knowledge required for understanding cloud computing from both business and practitioner [...]
For this project you will apply your knowledge of front end and back end development gained from previous courses and build and deploy a full stack real-world web application on the cloud. Your project will showcase your understanding of the user experience and user interface design process, and your [...]
This Python course provides a beginner-friendly introduction to Python for Data Science. Practice through lab exercises, and you'll be ready to create your first Python scripts on your own! Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general with this introduction to Python course. [...]
This mini-course introduces you to the process for unit testing Python code, including building and running unit tests and packaging the Python application for distribution. In this mini-course you will demonstrate what you’ve learned in the Python Basics* course and apply your Python skills to a real-world project for [...]
Learn about Microservices architecture and Serverless computing. Understand their benefits and the process for deployment. Practice using multiple tools in hands-on labs. Create a serverless web application and deploy as a Microservice on OpenShift and as static files on Cloud Object Storage. The demand for serverless is accelerating as [...]