Secure Software Development Fundamentals Professional Certificate
What you will learn:
- Security basics: Learn about risk management, the “CIA” triad, and requirements.
- Secure design principles: Discuss principles such as “least privilege” and how to apply these principles.
- Supply chain evaluation: Learn tips on how to choose packages to reuse, and how to reuse them so that you can rapidly be alerted & update the software.
- Implementation: Learn how to implement more secure software (how to do input validation, process data securely, call out to other programs, and send output), and more specialized approaches (such as basics of cryptography and handling problems).
- Security Verification: Learn how to examine software, include some key tool types, how to apply them in continuous integration (CI).
- Fielding: Learn how to deploy and operate secure software, handle vulnerability reports, and how to rapidly update when reused components have publicly-known vulnerabilities.
- Learn how to securely use and develop open source software.
Learn how to verify software for security, and take a deeper dive into the basics of applying threat models and cryptography. Modern software is under constant attack, but many software developers have never been told how to effectively counter those attacks. This course works to solve that problem, by [...]
Learn the practical steps software developers can take, even if they have limited resources, to implement secure software. Modern software is under constant attack, but many software developers have never been told how to effectively counter those attacks. This course works to solve that problem, by explaining the fundamentals [...]