Industrial Biotechnology and Industrial Fermentation Professional Certificate
What you will learn:
- Understand what is needed to move from a fossil to a bio-based, circular economy, and learn how to influence critical elements in the transition.
- Apply, with insight, design thinking and its importance into bringing biotech innovations to industrial factories for commercialization.
- Grasp the essence of a bioprocess, with fermentation at its core where microorganisms perform efficient conversions, and flanking upstream and downstream operations to make up a full value chain.
- Form a deeper understanding of the fermentation process, review competing biological and physical processes alongside each other, and appreciate the specific requirements to successfully scale-up from the lab to the factory.
- Identify detailed simulation and evaluation of an integrated bioprocess in terms of economy and sustainability.
Get introduced to the essentials of industrial fermentation processes, which convert renewable feedstocks into biomaterials, chemicals, nutrition products and biofuels with the help of microorganisms. Industrial fermentation is the central operation in a broad, sustainable value chain, also involving the upstream generation and supply of renewable feedstocks, and downstream [...]
Learn the basics of sustainable processing for biobased products to further understand their impact on global sustainability. As fossil-based fuels and raw materials contribute to climate change, the use of renewable materials and energy as an alternative is increasingly important and common. This transition is not a luxury, but [...]