IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
A growing number of exciting, well-paying jobs in today’s security industry do not require a college degree. This 8-course Professional Certificate will give you the technical skills to become job-ready for a Cybersecurity Analyst role. Instructional content and labs will introduce you to concepts including network security, endpoint protection, incident response, threat intelligence, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment.
Cybersecurity is one of the most in-demand career fields.
● According to CyberSeek, from June 2019 through May 2020, there were 171,000 openings for Information Security Analysts, but only 125,000 workers currently employed in those positions – an annual talent shortfall of 46,000 workers. On average, cybersecurity roles take 21% longer to fill than other IT jobs.
● The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects 31% hiring growth for Cybersecurity Analysts between 2019 and 2029, growing much faster than average in other careers.
This program is suitable for learners entering the workforce and professionals switching careers. You should be comfortable working with computers, be willing to develop new technical skills, and enjoy collaborative problem solving and communicating solutions.
By the end of this program, you will have completed a real-world security breach hands-on project and applied concepts through industry tool virtual labs to provide you with the confidence to start a career in cybersecurity.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop knowledge of cybersecurity analyst tools including data protection; endpoint protection; SIEM; and systems and network fundamentals.
- Learn about key compliance and threat intelligence topics important in today’s cybersecurity landscape.
- Gain skills for incident responses and forensics with real-world cybersecurity case studies.
- Get hands-on experience to develop skills via industry specific and open source Security tools.
This course gives you the background needed to gain Cybersecurity skills as part of the Cybersecurity Security Analyst Professional Certificate program. You will explore incident response methodologies and security models. You will learn to recognize and categorize key types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks against today's organizations. [...]
This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an [...]
This course gives you the background needed to understand the key cybersecurity compliance and industry standards. This knowledge will be important for you to learn no matter what cybersecurity role you would like to acquire or have within an organization. You will learn the basic commands for user [...]