Developing Applications with Google Cloud Platform Specialization
In this specialization, application developers learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications. Learners can choose to complete labs in their favorite language: Node.js, Java, or Python.
This class is intended for application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
• Use best practices for application development.
• Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
• Implement federated identity management.
• Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices.
• Integrate application components and data sources.
• Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
• Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
• Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google Kubernetes Engine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution with Google App Engine flexible environment.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud Platform products and services
- Describe best practices for cloud-native application development
- Implement federated identity management using Firebase authentication
- Deploy applications using Container Builder, Container Registry, and Deployment Manager