Road Safety in the Caribbean Region Professional Certificate
What you will learn
- To identify the road safety challenges that the Caribbean faces and understand the importance of designing an action plan based on data and evidence.
- To understand the difference between sustainable and unsustainable interventions, recognizing those that have been effective in reducing road crashes; and analyze how these could be implemented in your city.
- To identify good practices and methodologies in the application of road safety audits and inspections. As well as road safety needs of nonmotorized transport users.
- To compare successful versus unsuccessful practices in the safe integration of non-motorized transportation means.
- To identify the “vulnerable users” and how can you apply Vision Zero methodologies in the cities.
- To understand the importance of subnational road safety plans and speed management and recognizing safe infrastructure for active mobility.
Learn about the so call “vulnerable users” and get a good understanding of some of the main challenges and effective interventions for safe urban mobility. Do you know that in most of the Latin America and the Caribbean countries more than half of the road traffic fatalities are “vulnerable [...]
Learn and explore the good practices and methodologies for a safer road design for all users. You know that 18% of road crashes could be related to the quality of road infrastructure? Studies pointed that unlocking the potential of USD $1.4 trillion in targeted investment in safer roads would [...]
Learn about the current state of road safety in our region, its main challenges, and areas of action. Can you imagine being able to contrast your opinions and experiences with people like Lieutenant Colonel, Enrique, from Ecuador, or other practicing public managers and representatives of Civil Society organizations from [...]