The Economics of Energy Transition Professional Certificate
What you will learn
- The functioning of energy markets, with the European electricity markets as an example.
- The need for an energy transition and different economic approaches for achieving this.
- The economic tools and instruments necessary for stimulating the energy transition.
- To discuss energy transition policies and the regulations needed with policy makers and consumer organizations.
- Assess the effectiveness of economic policy measures in energy transition.
Dive into the economic strategies for promoting the energy transition: technologies, policies, pricing, emission trading and more. How can economic strategies bring our current, fossil fuel based energy system into a carbon neutral future? According to the International Panel on Climate Change, we have only limited time left to [...]
Understand the European energy market and the economic principles behind it. This course will help you understand the functioning of energy markets as the necessary first step to promotion of the energy transition. By using the European electricity market as an example, you will obtain a deeper understanding of [...]