xMinor in Materials for Electronic Optical and Magnetic Devices XSeries
What you will learn:
- You will develop an understanding of the materials and devices essential to modern display technologies, such as the structure of liquid crystals and the design principles used to tailor light emitting diodes
- You will receive a solid grounding in electronic, optical, and magnetic materials science, which will give you the background to undertake future studies fields such as advanced materials and electronic materials
- You will have knowledge of the science of photovoltaic technology and design, preparing you to contribute to the future of clean energy solutions
- You will know the fundamental operating principles of optical fibers and optoelectronic devices
- You will understand the origins of the magnetic behavior of materials and the operating principles behind magnetic storage media
Discover the physical principles behind diodes, light-emitting devices, and memories. This course from MIT’s Department of Materials Science and Engineering introduces the fundamental principles of quantum mechanics, solid state physics, and electricity and magnetism.