Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
Firstly, you’ll consider the impact of technological advances on our work schedules. You’ll discover how remote and flexible working patterns may result in an inability to switch off from work and how this can increase work-related stress and prevent the rest and recovery required to stay productive.
Next, you’ll consider individual and organisational differences that may impact the stress-productivity relationship, like differing personalities, thinking styles, and group dynamics, and learn practical workplace productivity techniques.
What topics will you cover?
We will provide an overview of: The Stress Response The link between stress and productivity and performance in the Workplace How individual factors (e.g., personality, leadership) change the stress-productivity relationship. How the changing nature of the workplace (e.g., email, remote working) can impact the stress-productivity relationship. Strategies for maintaining performance and productivity in the workplace.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss how we respond psychologically and physiologically under conditions of stress
- Investigate the conditions under which stress has a negative impact on productivity and performance
- Explore the conditions under which stress can positively impact productivity and performance
- Identify the individual and organisational factors which impact the stress-productivity relationship
- Evaluate what strategies can help maintain performance and productivity in the workplace
Who is the course for?
This course is primarily designed for HR professionals and those in leadership or management positions who want to learn how to improve workplace productivity and reduce stress.
The course will also be useful for anyone who wants to learn strategies to improve their own wellbeing at work.