Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see edX's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
In this course, you’ll learn to navigate various tools and techniques such as disks, volumes, file systems, permissions, sharing, administration, and monitoring. Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments you will put in place the essential storage requirements for your Windows Server environment.
As a Windows Server System Administrator, you must be able to determine the type of storage your organization needs. You’ll also need the skills required to manage disks, volumes, and file systems. You’ll use the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) to manage common disk and file management tasks. You’ll secure storage using BitLocker and EFS. You’ll also configure shared storage, such as NFS shares and SMB shares.
Part of the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Fundamentals XSeries, this course will teach you all of those necessary skills and help you improve your capacity to handle disks and volumes, and secure Windows Server storage. It will also prepare you for Microsoft certification tests and badges – everything you’d need in an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
What you'll learn
- How to select, install, initialize, and format hardware disks
- Management of simple and spanned volumes
- How to select and configure file systems, including NTFS permissions
- Configuration of File Server Resource Manager quotas, file screens, and storage reports
- Encryption of data using Encrypted File System (EFS) and secure volumes with Bitlocker
- How to configure shared storage using NFS shares, SMB shares, Folder Redirection, and Work Folders