We’ll look at examples from around the world, learn about a vast range of technologies like desalination, and you’ll understand what’s involved in sustainable thinking and decision making. We’ll also explore the world of wastewater, and how its treatment is vital to the protection of health and the environment; and how wastewater can be recycled into pure drinking water.
What will you learn?
- The water cycle and the impact that climate change is having on our water sources
- The natural processes that cleanse wastewater
- The water sources and infrastructure a society needs to grow
- The wastewater treatment process, and how treated wastewater is managed
- How sustainability and community engagement is incorporated into water planning
- What desalination is and how it works
- What is involve in the processes of Ground Water Replenishment and Managed Aquifer Recharge
- How wastewater is recycled and reused
- The issues presented by ongoing reliance on dams as a water supply, and some creative solutions to them
- Water issues around the world through examples from Israel and Palestine, China, Vietnam, Thailand, India and sub-Saharan Africa