You’ll learn the six most common constraints on innovation in organizations—that is, the six ways that creative thinking is usually sabotaged before it can produce results. You’ll learn the barriers to creativity in both individual and group settings, plus discover which stakeholders are actively invested in stopping your ideas in their tracks. Finally, we’ll teach you the societal and technical constraints to overcome in fostering a forward-thinking culture.
You’ll explore case studies and participate in interactive exercises that illuminate the keys to building a culture of innovation. You’ll leave this course with an understanding of how to . . .
• Generate, assess, and implement great ideas in your organization
• Build your organization’s capacity for innovation
• Lead innovation projects, processes, and teams
• Recognize big issues lurking on the horizon before they become constraints
• Drive adoption of great ideas
• Develop and manage an innovation portfolio
This course will help you overcome the major barriers to innovation everywhere you find them.
Course 1 of 4 in the Certificate in Management Fundamentals Specialization.