Sports and Recreation Management (Open2Study)
Discover the careers in sports and recreation and learn to deliver a simple client-focused session. Take the first step to exploring a career in sport and recreation by gaining an understanding of the different job roles within this industry. Pick up leadership and management skills and learn how to manage risks appropriately. You will also learn to plan and deliver a simple sport and recreation session focussed on your clients' needs.
What will you learn?
- The types of jobs available in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry, and the qualifications required for these roles
- How groups function, and leadership skills you can use to help a group function more effectively, including:
- Understanding the stages of group development and how they apply to the Sport and Recreation industry
- The importance of giving and receiving feedback
- The basics of risk management theory and how to develop a risk management plan to suit a program or organization
- How to plan and deliver a sport, fitness or recreation session
Already taken this course? Please rate.