Learners will have an opportunity to explore the social worker profession, the different roles of social workers in a range of settings, the cross cutting themes that guide social work practice, the history of social work, and current challenges.
Using a social justice lens, learners will reflect on current challenges facing the lives of individuals, families and communities and examine ways to advocate for needed changes.
What you'll learn:
- Core values and perspectives of the social work profession
- Key roles social workers perform across system levels
- The role of social work within US society and as part of inter-professional practice
- How to apply integrative themes using a social justice lens across a range of settings where social workers engage in change efforts
- Strategies social workers use to effectively address issues across systems and levels
- Strategies to advocate for needed changes