Learn how occupational health can reduce illnesses or injuries caused by working conditions, with this free online course.
This eight-week course explores the basic structure and uses of SNOMED CT. Instructional materials are featured from the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO) and supplemented with learning activities, discussion forum for information exchange and instructor support.This course provides information about the use of SNOMED CT in healthcare technology applications leveraging the recently published Starter Guide from IHTSDO.
Registration will be open from April 15-June 10. If you take the course for CEUs, you will receive your certificate by August 19.
Value-added instruction including lectures, self-testing assessments, exercises and resources are provided within the course structure.
Topics addressed include:
- Highlights and background about the International Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO); access to SNOMED CT with a brief of history and current uses of SNOMED CT
- Logical model overview and application
- Concept model overview and application
- SNOMED CT expressions and examples of use
- SNOMED CT content development and release cycles
- Terminology customization for use by implementers including mapping to and from other terminologies or classifications
- Translation and language preferences
- Summary of current events related to IHTSDO and SNOMED CT updates and final test
- This program has been approved for 12 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).