What goals should modern feminists adopt? “World-changing woman” (Guardian) and founder of the London Feminist Network Dr Finn Mackay outlines a bold new manifesto
Why is there an epidemic of violence against women? Are men to blame? Where is the recent resurgence of activism going and where should we steer it? In this course, activist and feminist Dr Finn Mackay uncovers the underlying causes of women’s oppression and confronts the biggest hurdles to equality we face today.
By the end of the course, you will have learned:
- the impact of biology for feminism
- why violent crimes are gendered
- the damage of male and female stereotypes
- the media’s role in the commodification of women
- where society is compounding inequality
- the state of feminism in 2014
- what’s next for feminism.
As part of the course there are in-video quiz questions to consolidate your learning, suggested further readings to stimulate a deeper exploration of the topic, discussion boards to have your say and an end-of-course assessment set by Dr Mackay.
This course is eligible for official online verification.