Careers in Media Technology explores how leading audio, music, and video technology companies, such as Sonos, Adobe, Smule, Dolby, iZotope, Universal Audio, and Avid, bring products from idea to market.
This course provides an introduction to the concepts, techniques, and principles of project management. Primary emphasis will be on learning the project management process outlined in the Project Management Institute's PMBOK Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide). Agile, extreme, and other variations of project management will be discussed and their key features related to the PMBOK Guide.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to plan, schedule, budget, estimate, control, and monitor projects. In addition, they will become familiar with resource allocation, resource loading and the creation and use of GANTT and PERT charts.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Defend a project management plan.
- Generate project management tools using appropriate software.
- Describe the factors in the software development process.
- Choose and defend a development strategy for a project.
- Evaluate the project management tools used in developing a project strategy.
- Prioritize project risk and reward.
- Create project management reports.