Principles of Project Management (Open2Study)
Learn the basics of project management, including what a project is and how to manage one effectively. If you're looking to move into management, or want to gain some project management skills for your current role, this is the subject for you. Learn to manage a project from start to finish, including popular standards and processes and how to manage stakeholders. Understand the role of a project manager and learn how to plan work and execute projects.
What will you learn?
- What a project is, and how you can manage it, including:
- An overview of popular Project Management methodologies and standards
- The project life cycle: Concept, Develop, Execute and Finish
- Nine areas every project manager should know
- The main constraints projects often encounter
- The benefits of Project Management
- What is involved in the concept phase, including:
- Key project roles, like the project manager, team and stakeholder
- Setting and justifying your goals
- What is involved in the development phase, including:
- The project management plan
- Planning for change
- How to monitor and control the execution of a project, including:
- Quality auditing and continuous improvement
- Getting handover right and how to use the lessons learned
Already taken this course? Please rate.