Learn how to effectively use Davidson Next materials in teaching AP® courses.
The second of four courses in a dynamic, comprehensive series that provides a solid base in introductory physics and helps prepare you for the AP Physics 1 Exam. Free textbook included!
In this four-part series, we will explore AP Physics 1 concepts and prepare for the AP Physics 1 Exam in an exciting and entirely new way. Increase your skills – and your readiness – for the AP Exam though quality videos, inquiry labs, Hollywood-style Concept Trailers™, Direct Measurement Videos, AP problem-solving sessions and more!
In Part 2: Rotational Motion you will learn how to describe rotational motion with kinematics and how torque alters an object’s state of motion. You will learn about rotational energy and angular momentum, and how their conservation laws affect motion. Gravitational forces between two bodies and the resulting motion will be described, as well as simple harmonic motion. The course will cover these physical concepts through lectures, demonstrations, labs, and problem solving strategies.
What you'll learn:
- How to describe circular motion with kinematics
- How torque affects rotational kinematics
- How rotational energy and angular momentum affect motion
- About the motion due to Gravitation
- About the oscillations of harmonic motion
- How to prepare and review for the AP Physics 1 Exam
- How to practice critical thinking, writing, and problem-solving with enhanced teacher and peer feedback (AP Exam Prep PLUS 5 only)