Learn how trade agreements work and what they mean for governments and businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean. Did you know that there are more than 270 free trade agreements in the world and that they cover half of global trade? Latin American and Caribbean countries take part in 70 such agreements, covering 70% of intra-regional trade. What do you need to know about these agreements? What opportunities, challenges and implications do they have for people, businesses, and countries? What can be done to maximize their benefits?
In this course you will analyze in depth the provisions of regional and multilateral trade agreements and why countries in Latin America and the Caribbean still face important obstacles to fully take advantage of them. You will learn about new trends, emerging issues and dynamics, and possible future scenarios in trade agreements from renowned academics, researchers, and trade policy makers.
This course is aimed at those interested in learning the practical aspects of how trade agreements work, and how to make the most of them.
What you'll learn:
- Why trade agreements in Latin America and the Caribbean matter
- What are the key issues in these bilateral and regional agreements
- What new issues are arising
- What are the emerging dynamics and complementary policies for conducting trade
- What are the challenges in implementing these agreements