Learn the basics of cloud computing and Microsoft Azure to accelerate your IT career in a cloud-enabled world. Cloud computing, or “the cloud,” has gone from a leading trend in IT to mainstream consciousness and wide adoption.
Learn how to use Microsoft Azure to run your virtual machines in the cloud. This computer science course focuses on using IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) virtual machines in Microsoft Azure for IaaS workloads, emphasizing basic configuration, planning, deployment and management tasks. You’ll learn how how to secure and make your virtual machines highly available and scalable.
What you'll learn:
- How IaaS uses virtual machines and the basic concepts of cloud virtulaization
- How to determine virtual machine workloads and correctly size your virtual machines
- How to plan, create, and deploy Azure Windows virtual machines
- How to configure virtual machine IP addresses, availability, scalability, and security
- How to manage, attach, import and export virtual disks
● General understanding of cloud computing including services and usage models. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Cloud Computing course.
● PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple PowerShell commands. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Windows PowerShell course.
● Basic understanding of Azure services and components, including Azure PowerShell. This knowledge can be obtained from the edX Introduction to Microsoft Azure course.
● General understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Fundamentals: Hyper-V course