What you'll learn:
- How IaaS uses virtual machines and the basic concepts of cloud virtulaization
- How to determine virtual machine workloads and correctly size your virtual machines
- How to plan, create, and deploy Azure Windows virtual machines
- How to configure virtual machine IP addresses, availability, scalability, and security
- How to manage, attach, import and export virtual disks
● General understanding of cloud computing including services and usage models. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Cloud Computing course.
● PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple PowerShell commands. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Windows PowerShell course.
● Basic understanding of Azure services and components, including Azure PowerShell. This knowledge can be obtained from the edX Introduction to Microsoft Azure course.
● General understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Fundamentals: Hyper-V course