Each team will be challenged to research and apply 21st century learning skills to the environmental elements of Mars while developing viable solutions that will make life on the Red Planet suitable for humans. Completion of the course will culminate in a conference where participants will engage in a simulated and completely immersive Martian learning experience at Space Center Houston.
NASA is preparing for a manned mission to Mars in 2030. Will you be prepared to join the crew? In this course, participants will learn basic facts about Mars and the essentials humans need for survival on the planet.
- Participants will gain a more well-rounded understanding of the planet Mars and inhabiting Mars through conversations that will be facilitated by the Space Center Houston.
- Participants will engage in challenges that are incorporated within each module.
- Students will actively participate in each Governing Body of Countries (GBC) session.
Team-based Learning Activities
- Teams will consist of students between the ages of 14 and 18.
- Teams can designate a contact person who will retrieve and distribute information to the team from Space Center Houston if the information cannot be communicated through this site or Space Center Houston’s website.
- Teams will work together to complete tasks.