In this management course, you will learn industry standard best practices for project and portfolio management, using Microsoft PPM, a cloud-delivered solution. With over 20 million users, Microsoft PPM has become the go to solution for Portfolio Managers, PMOs (Project Management Office), Project Managers, Resource Managers and Project Team Members This course offers relevant capabilities for a diverse audience. You will learn how to align project portfolio investments with a business strategy, how to gain visibility into a project’s portfolio, how to perform deep scheduling, address issues and risk management and understand project financials and reporting through the web experience and cloud-delivered desktop client.
By the end of this course, you will know how to perform optimal resource capacity planning and tracking, how to take advantage of the built-in Microsoft Office 365 collaboration capabilities and how to set up and customize solutions to meet your business needs.
What you'll learn
- Portfolio development from a business strategy perspective
- How to manage complex schedules
- Methods for addressing issues and risks using Microsoft PPM
- Strong project management knowledge and skills
- Basic program or portfolio management knowledge and skills
- Basic knowledge and skill using Microsoft® Project® (2010 or later, preferably Project 2016)
- Competency in using other Microsoft® Office® applications (preferably Office 2016)