Upon completion of this course a student will have:
- Developed a fundamental understanding of U.S. Legal System, its history and elements of its ongoing evolution.
- An appreciation of the role of the Common Law Methodology within the U.S. Legal System.
- Developed an insight into the Case Law interpretive process.
Course Performance Objectives & Skills.Upon completion of this course a student will have developed the following skills:
- Improved their ability to express themselves in English with a new Common Law vocabulary.
- Come to better understand the Common Law methodology in U.S. case law analysis. "Brief" a case, and perform competent U.S. case law analysis and application.
Módulos del curso
Unit 1: Intro Common Law Origins.
Unit 2: Commmon Law Legal History.
Unit 3: Common Law as Judge made Law.
Unit 4: Sources of the Common Law.
Unit 5: Reading Common Law Case Law.