According to Steven Blank a business startup, or any new venture startup is essentially a proto-type. Thus the startup process essentially becomes a learning process to refine that business proto-type into a scalable, replicable finished 'product'.
Transform a promising business opportunity into a venture concept proposal, and launch it as a business for real. Learn the key steps in the venture creation process, including marketing and fundraising. Sharpen your ‘entrepreneurial mindset.’
Launching New Ventures, a course about Entrepreneurship & Strategy for Technology-Driven Startups, is designed for professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who want to learn about how to successfully launch a business. Through short, animated lectures, inspiring interviews with entrepreneurs from around the world, short quizzes, suggested readings and a practical final project, students will gain a broad overview of entrepreneurship strategy with insights they can apply to their venture regardless of location, industry or venture stage.
Students are required to complete quizzes, and develop and submit venture ideas as part of the course assessments. Top performing students are able to compete for seed-funding for their venture concept. By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
• Identify promising business opportunities
• Develop your ideas into a venture concept
• Test market receptiveness to your venture idea by using social media
• Craft an opportunity exploitation roadmap
• Creatively market your solution
• Calculate how much money you need, where to find it and how to manage it
• How and when to protect your intellectual property
• How to grow your venture (intelligently!)
• Experience the early stages of the entrepreneurial process
• Sharpen your “entrepreneurial mindset” and learn how it can benefit your organization.
Week 1: What is Entrepreneurship?
Week 2: Identifying & Evaluating Business Opportunities
Week 3: Entrepreneurial Marketing
Week 4: Raising & Managing Money
Week 5: Value Capture – Profiting From your Innovation