Learn how to conduct effective user research to better understand what users love, hate, want and need. Designing effective interactive systems requires understanding the needs and capabilities of the people who will be using them.
Learn how UX research and design techniques can help you better understand user needs, prototype solutions, evaluate design concepts, and create a great user experience.
This UX course provides an introduction to the fields of UX research and design. Learners will gain an understanding of what is involved in UX research, including conducting interviews, evaluating systems, and analyzing systems using principles of good design. Learners will also learn about the work involved in UX Design, including the generation of promising design solutions and the creation of prototypes at multiple levels of fidelity. By interleaving successive phases of UX Research and Design, learners will see how to learn from inevitable mistakes and improve towards a product with a great UX.
What you'll learn:
- Learn about the skills needed for UX research and design
- Understand how UX researchers discover and assess user needs
- Learn how to conduct a micro-usability test
- Understand how UX designers take an idea from a concept to a working prototype
- Understand how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process