This course introduces the main criteria to consider when selecting pipe products to assure oil well integrity and mitigate risks.
In this course you will learn how the geology of ground and drilling conditions require OCTG (Oil Country Tubular Goods) with different characteristics; how tubular string design is performed; and how selected products are manufactured and tested. The following concepts will be explored:
- A brief description of the different products used in an oil well, mainly casing, tubing and their connections.
- The main characteristics of pipe body and connections. Differences between products meeting API (American Petroleum Institute) standards, proprietary steel grades and/or premium connections.
- The basics of string design and material selection.
OCTG Production Process:
- An overview of the seamless and welded pipes production processes.
- How to assure and sustain quality through the complete production process.