Considering a career in nursing? This subject will introduce you to the role of nurses in Australian healthcare. Did you know that nursing is one of Australia's most in-demand fields? Get an idea for what's involved in this challenging and rewarding career with Introduction to Nursing in Healthcare. The Australian healthcare system ranks 9th in the world for its quality. Nurses play a crucial role in Australian healthcare and in this subject you will learn about the Australian industry, rural health, speciality areas in the hospital sector, staffing requirements, and how individual team members contribute to a patient's experience. You will also gain valuable insight into the predicted healthcare demands for the future and how these could impact healthcare.
What will you learn?
- An introduction to emergency care, including:
- The different specialty areas in short-term or emergency care
- The types of patients in specialty units
- The role and purpose of the multidisciplinary team, including:
- The role of each team member in relation to patient care
- A nurse's role within the interdisciplinary team
- The structure and composition of the current Australian healthcare sector, including:
- Healthcare funding and current demands
- Starting a career in nursing, including:
- What motivates people to work in healthcare
- What is required to work in the healthcare sector
- Steps that can be taken towards changing or starting a career in healthcare