The course is intended for the general public and utility workers (employees and contractors) designing or implementing practical safeguards during the installation, operation, and maintenance of electric supply and communication facilities.
There are no pre-requisites for participants. Students and professionals, even those not in the electrical engineering field, will be able to access the course. Also, the participation of code enforcers, researchers, standards development representatives, and other interested parties is expected. Everyone is invited.
What you'll learn:
- Purpose and scope of the NESC
- Overview of the technical sections
- NESC history and the revision process
- Relevance of this widely adopted safety code
- Future Directions of the NESC
- NESC Enhancements planned
- Ways to get involved in developing future editions of NESC
Why an NESC?
Goal of the NESC
Introduction to the NESC
Purpose & Scope of the NESC
NESC Committee Structure
Procedures & Revision Cycle
How is the Code Written?