Learn the basics of cloud computing and Microsoft Azure to accelerate your IT career in a cloud-enabled world. Cloud computing, or “the cloud,” has gone from a leading trend in IT to mainstream consciousness and wide adoption.
Learn the fundamentals of working in a Microsoft Azure environment to help improve your business. Learn the fundamentals of working in a Microsoft Azure environment to help improve your business. Begin learning what it takes to become a cloud administrator using Microsoft Azure, Microsoft’s open and flexible cloud computing platform.
This computer science course will help you get started with Microsoft Azure technologies such as infrastructure, virtual machines, virtual networking, identity, and storage. You will learn how Microsoft Azure can help you build and manage your business’s applications and cloud services and help improve overall business productivity.
What you'll learn:
- How to use key capabilities and features of Microsoft Azure to improve your business processes
- How to deploy resources through web-based portals and manage Microsoft Azure subscriptions
- How Microsoft Azure Resource Manager is used to manage resources
- How to identify the components that make up a Microsoft Azure cloud solution
- How to automate Microsoft Azure resources with Azure PowerShell
- General understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Additionally, an understanding of network concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- PowerShell will be the tool of choice when implementing the features in this course. Learners should have a good foundation in accessing and using simple PowerShell commands. This knowledge can be obtained with the edX Introduction to Windows PowerShell course.