This is the first part of an introductory business information systems series, designed to introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology.
In this course, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application. From word processors and the basics of desktop operating systems, to investigating how web browsers and internet technologies work, you will gain a strong understanding of information systems and their role in today's technologically-focused world.
This course is part one of a five part series. By completing this course, you will be prepared to pass the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam.
What you'll learn
- How standard office suite tools work (word processors, spreadsheets)
- Details of the most important office systems (e-mail, conferencing)
- The basics of desktop operating systems
- Internet and web browsers
- How web browsers and Internet technologies work
- About Electronic Data Interchange and how it works
- The meaning of ERP, CRM and SCM, and how they work