What will you learn?
- The organisational structure of your body
- Basic physiological principles that ensure normal body function
- The nature of the basic functional unit of the body, the cell.
- The biology of basic tissue types, such as those lining body surfaces (epithelia) and connecting other tissues (connective tissues)
- The structure and function of the cardiovascular, hormonal and nervous systems, and how they interact to coordinate and control the other systems within your body
- The structure of bone and muscle, and how they work together to allow you to move through, and manipulate, your environment
- How DNA helps cells maintain and replace themselves to ensure internal maintenance and renewal within your body
- How your body produces reproductive cells, and how our genetic material is recombined to ensure that, through genetic diversity, we are genetically unique