Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
On this course, you will analyse the operational issues hospitals encounter and learn how you can address them. You will explore strategies and solutions to improve the patient experience and manage the patient journey as a whole.
What topics will you cover?
- Key issues facing different types of hospitals from a global perspective
- An overview of operational responses to the challenges faced by hospitals, especially with regards to delays, queuing, information collection and patient processing
- Theoretical frameworks and perspectives that assist in designing solutions to operational functions
- Practical strategies for improving patient experience
- Methods for implementing and evaluating solutions to hospital operation issues
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Describe the challenges facing hospitals operating in a variety of local and global contexts.
- Identify some of the key theories, models and frameworks being used to identify these challenges.
- Apply your understanding to improve hospital operations using evidence-based interventions.
- Evaluate different methodologies/metrics for improving patient experience.