This course does not have open access anymore.
You’ll discover why some governments and countries choose boundaries and demarcation and others choose integration.
What topics will you cover?
- Defection from alliances, treaties and organizations
- Democratic fatigue and populist demands
- Regionalization and Europeanization
- Xenophobia and cosmopolitanism
- Relocations and economic nationalism
- Protectionism and global competition
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Evaluate the balance of power between isolationists and federalists, local communities and cosmopolitans.
- Interpret tentative accounts of withdrawal from institutions and treaties (Brexit, Trump, Russia or Turkey) as they are sketchily explained in the press and the social media.
- Explore major concepts in political science and international studies (including history, international sociology, and international economics).
- Improve your understanding of current international politics.