Our world is becoming more interconnected as each day moves forward. Globalization is impacting organization in all industries in a positive manner by connecting people across the world in a collaborative global market. However, with this growth in global partnership comes a greater deal of complexity. Specifically, we are experiencing a higher degree of project work across all regions of the world and we must be prepared to work in a complex environment due to differences in language, time zone, culture and process maturity.
- Develop an understanding of the impact that globalization has on the field of project management
- Gain an understanding of the attributes that make global projects unique while exploring existing global project management and delivery frameworks
- Become aware of Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
- Explore leadership from the global project management lens
- Prepare for the increased complexities associated with global project communications
- Examine the complexities associated with cross-cultural project negotiations
- Prepare for development of an inclusive global project collaboration framework