A newer version of this course is available here:
Six Sigma: Define and Measure
Since the introduction of mass production, the concept of “quality” has evolved from simple assembly line inspections to a broad approach to production and management involving an entire corporation. Quality has become a critical driver for long-term success through continuous process improvement and customer satisfaction. Quality Management today concerns the entire value chain, encompassing multi-tiered supplier networks and customer service and returns.
This business and management course balances the quantitative elements of quality engineering with a managerial approach to using quality in an organization to effect change. We cover the statistical basics needed for a Six-Sigma Green Belt certification, following the well-known process-improvement cycle: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control. The most important quality methods and techniques are taught, including sampling, statistical process control, process capability, regression analysis, and design of experiments. Quality management is examined, from the viewpoint of quality incorporated into product design, measuring and controlling quality in production and improving quality, using interactive, guided projects and case studies. The course closes with the presentation of a full Six-Sigma project.
The contents of this course are essentially the same as those of the corresponding TUM class (Quality Engineering and Management) and will enable you to immediately understand and apply quality concepts in your work and research.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Quality issues appear everywhere and affect the entire organisation.
- You'll quickly master quality concepts so that you can apply quality tools and drive quality programs within your own organisation.
- You'll gain the fundamentals for a Six-Sigma Green Belt in a manageable and positive learning environment, along with the chance to discuss with staff and fellow learners worldwide.
What you'll learn:
- The fundamentals for quality engineering and management
- The statistical basics at the Six-Sigma Green Belt level
- How to apply the DMAIC process-improvement cycle to your work and research
Cover the fundamentals for quality engineering and management, including the statistics at a Six-Sigma Green Belt level applied to the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process-improvement cycle.