Class Deals by MOOC List - Click here and see FutureLearn's Active Discounts, Deals, and Promo Codes.
This course does not have open access anymore.
You’ll discover data ethics and the restrictions that exist in using other people’s data. You’ll also learn how to present data in a meaningful way that’s easy to understand through data visualisation techniques.
To give real-world context to your learning, you’ll examine these data concepts through the case study of a small business owner.
Week 1: What is data?
Week 2: Using data
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the difference between data, metadata and knowledge
- Summarise how data is used to solve problems
- Interpret trends and analyse patterns from a dataset
- Debate the ethical considerations of data collection
- Produce a plan to solve a problem with evidence and data
- Apply a simple visualisation technique to make data easier to understand and work with
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.